Get a piece of paper and something to write with. This simple quiz will help you to assess your readiness
to succeed in a weight loss program. Be honest, its important that you answers reflect the way you really are, not how you
would like to be. Please share the results with me during your first appointment or telephone consultation, it will help me
to serve you better.
1) I have thought
a lot about my eating habits and physical activities to pinpoint what I need to change.
2) I have accepted the idea that I need to make permanent, not temporary, changes
in my eating and activities to be successful.
I will only feel successful if I lose a lot of weight.
4) I accept the idea that's its best if I lose weight slowly.
5) I'm thinking of losing weight now because I really want to, not because someone else thinks I should.
6) I think losing weight will solve other problems in my life.
7) I am willing and able to increase my regular physical activity.
8) I can only lose successfully if I have no "slip ups."
9) I am ready to commit some time and effort each week to organizing and planning my food and activity programs.
10) Once I lose some initial weight, I usually lose the motivation to keep going until
I reach my goal.
11) I want to start a weight program even though my life is unusually stressful right now.
SCORING THE WEIGHT LOSS READINESS QUIZ
To score the quiz, look at
the answers to questions 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9. Score 1 point if you answered true and 0 if you answered false.
For items 3, 6, 8, 10, 11,
score 0 for each true answer and 1 for each false answer. To get your total score, add the scores for all.
If you scored 8 or higher, you probably have good reasons for wanting
to lose weight now and have proper understanding of the steps needed for success. Get started and give me a call at (732)
If you scored
7 or less, you may need some preparation before you officially begin a weight loss program. Please call me at (732)
714-7040 to arrange a free initial phone consultation.